Monday, December 13, 2010

Menu Week of 12/13/10

Okay, well, Andy is gone until Thursday so that means I get to cook whatever I want for dinner! Woohoo! I'm going to cook nothing. Hehe! Instead, I'm going to figure out my Holiday gift baskets.

I have 5 couples I want to gift with baskets: Andy's bosses, my mom and her new husband, a friend who designed my Etsy shop for my metal clay jewelry, and some friends who will watch our dogs while we're out of town for the holiday. So, I've been thinking and thinking about what to put in my baskets and I think I've come up with some pretty good, homemade ideas!



I'm calling it the Date Night (and Morning After, Wink, Wink) Basket:

Savory Biscotti
Homemade Pasta with Puttenesca Sauce
Gooey Brownies with Dulce de Leche Sauce
Bottle of Wine
Crumpets
Lemon Curd
Hot Cocoa (made!) with Marshmallows

I have a new vacuum machine for sucking the air out of plastic bags so that will come in very handy when I put these baskets together. The only thing I really have to worry about is a plan of attack. Christmas is only 2 weeks away, after all! Luckily, some of this stuff freezes very well and the rest is not so prohibitively time-consuming. And once everything is in airtight containers and vacuumed bags, it should all travel and keep perfectly!

The Schedule
Monday, December 13: Dulce de Leche and Lemon Curd (small jars),
Tuesday, December 14: Pasta (freeze in vac sealed bags), 3 Puttenesca (big jar)
Wednesday: Biscotti (freeze in vac sealed bags), Marshmallows (vac seal)
Sunday, December 19: Crumpets and Brownies (vac seal)

I've made all of these before with tons of success so I'm super excited to be giving something edible and delicious! It's kind of a killer schedule so I hope I don't go nuts. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the labels