Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rosemary Butternut Squash Savory Bread Pudding

I had to fix up something quick for party and I had day-old bread and butternut squash that I had roasted. So, I sort of winged it and it was delicious! None of these measurements are exact; feel free to wing it yourself! You can use sage, a different kind of cheese, add some kale and walnuts, whatever you want!


Rosemary, rough chop
5 eggs
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
Onion, chopped
Butternut squash, cubed and roasted
shredded parmesan cheese
Day old bread, cubed
S+P
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 375. In a large saute pan, saute onion in oil with rosemary; S+P. Toss bread and squash in and cook til bread is warm and turn off heat. Mix in parmesan cheese. Lightly beat cream, milk and eggs. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease a deep pan. Fill pan with bread mix and top with creamed mixture. Sprinkle some cheese on top and cook until firm.

Update! This really came out like custard. Still good, no doubt but next time I will let the bread soak in the mix overnight or at least for a couple of hours before I bake it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the labels