Monday, December 6, 2010

Menu 12/06/2010

*currently on the menu*


Monday: Homemade Pasta and Puttenesca (Gotta make Stock, gravlax, creme fraiche, extracts)
Tuesday: Chicken, Goat Cheese, Potato Quiche, mixed green salad (Gotta make guac for tmrw night)
Wednesday: Chili with Chips and Guacamole (Andy's boss's wife made us a bunch of meaty, homemade chili..yum! I'll spruce it up with the chicken stock, make stew for tmrw night)
Friday: Leftovers (betcha Andy will want take-out; make Rice Krispy Treats)

Gotta Try: Rice Krispy Treats with those Homemade Marshmallows that will go to waste if I don't use them
Meringue for Lemon Curd Pic
AND I have dill leftover from making pickles to make: Gravlax and Creme Fraiche!




You think I'm doing too much. You're reading this and thinking, she never leaves the kitchen. But look. This weekend I am going to a friend's dinner to which I will bring the Gravlax and Creme Fraiche, both of which are put together and set aside to think about how they want to taste. The Rice Crispy treats and extracts: same thing; mix and set aside! The stock: boil some veg, simmer for a few hours, drain and chill or freeze, more likely; easy and can't let the chicken bones go to waste like last week's (I'm ashamed). I already made the pie crust for the quiche, it's in the freezer and the homemade pasta was my Sunday afternoon.  So you can stop worrying already.









No comments:

Post a Comment

the labels