Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Menu Week of October 4, 2010

Okay, so last month Mama (me) went a little overboard on the family credit card and needs to make up for it by actually planning a menu and STICKING TO IT GODAMMIT. So. Here is this week's menu for all posterity (me) but already I've had to amend because I was to make lentil soup last night but it would have taken an hour and it took that long to do the grocery shopping soo... we had the BLTs with my soon to be world famous HOMEMADE MAYO and potato salad made with same(recipe posted below). So freaking good and worth the carpel tunnel.

Also of note:

I'm totally pregnant!


MENU 10/4/10
Monday: BLT and Lentil Soup (NOPE)
Tuesday: Cheap Cioppino
Wed: Provencal Veg and Pepperoni Pizza and salad
Thurs: Fish sticks and broccoli and fries
Fri: Lasagna
Sat: Eat/order out (CHEAP!)
Sun: BBQ?
Snacks/desserts: Granola bars and baked apples

Homemade Mayo

I was watching Two Fat Ladies (a cheeky, old British cooking show) and they made mayo and I was struck by how easy it looked. Next day, I had to make it and it is just so much better than anything you will get from a jar; holy crap, I could eat it with a spoon. Almost did.

Ingredients:
Dijon Mustard, spoonful
tsp salt
pepper (if i had white pepper on hand I would have used that)
2 egg yolks, room temperature (very important)
tsp vinegar or squeeze of lemon
Canola oil or other mild oil (not extra virgin olive)

Prep:
Whisk Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, lemon and egg yolks til creamy. Then, DROP BY DROP, add the oil until it looks and feels like mayo! It's that easy! Mine was a little yellow because I used too much Dijon but it tasted fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

the labels