Friday, October 8, 2010

Awesome Lasagna

I'm just gonna post a link here with some notes for this awesome lasagna. I didn't change much.

http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Lighter-Lasagna-Primavera-(Moosewood-Restaurant-New-Classics)/28886/

Notes:

1. I made my own basil sauce which is my puttenesca recipe minus capers and olives, plus basil (http://lttlpggy.blogspot.com/2009/12/puttanesca-sauce.html)

2. I didn't add the crumbled tofu because Andy says he doesn't want to have it much (something about estrogen? I don't know)so I subbed in chopped turkey meatballs cooked in the sauce.

3. I didn't puree the cottage (or ricotta cheese); it saved me a dish. I just mixed together the cheeses with the asparagus in a bowl. I also didn't add garlic to this mix; I felt there was enough in the sauce.

4. I used a smaller pan (8X8) since there are only two of us.

5. No nutmeg on hand; it was fine and I used whole wheat noodles.

6. Finally! To keep confusion limited, the layers go thusly: sauce, dry noodles, cheese mix, chopped meatballs, dry noodles for two layers then a final layer of the artichoke hearts topped with dry noodles and SMOTHERED in sauce (make sure you reserve enough for the final layer of noodles or they won't cook through.

Such a great recipe! Andy loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the labels