Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

I LOVE pancakes, Every one of my friends knows this because when Andy is gone for the evening a couple of them never fail to ask me if I'm making pancakes for dinner and a lot of the time the answer is "Yes, of course I am." It's a snack/meal/dessert all in one and they are an awesome vehicle for whatever: fruit, bacon, whipped cream, you name it. So, yeah, pancakes are the best.

Recently, I found a recipe over at a health site that intrigued me because as much as I LOVE pancakes, I have gained a ton of weight this pregnancy and really need to watch my carbohydrate intake. Boring, I know. At any rate, I whipped these up yesterday and, holy crap, I'm sold. They are packed with protein and they taste so much like real pancakes that I still felt guilty. And guilt is the byproduct of a really good snack/meal/dessert. SMD? I'll work on it.


Ingredients

2 eggs
1 c. cottage cheese
1/2 banana
Splash vanilla
sprinkle cinnamon
1 c. oatmeal

Prep: Use your blender to blend the ingredients in the order listed so things don't get chunky and then cook them in a skillet like you would regular pancakes. Top with fruit or maple syrup. I think next time I'll try some slivered almonds and blueberries ...yum! (This time I did a few with chocolate chips and they were way too sweet if you can believe it because of the banana.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

the labels